Thursday, March 14, 2013

First Ride Out

Last weekend after my girls trip to ATL I took my new bike out on its first ride last weekend. I had spent several hours riding inside on my trainer but taking it outside was completely different.  I am in for a long training course. It was a beautiful sunny 65 degrees Sunday morning when I got out. I was doing well then all of sudden 15 minutes in I felt like I was going to be sick. I know I have to build up the endurance but man 15 minutes was all I could take. After talking to my dad I probably did about 1.5 miles around their neighborhood which included a few hills. I now know I am no where near ready to ride with a group or let alone a friend but I will get there. I know this is for a great cause and it is a great change for me. I need the regular exercise and will make me a healthier me.

On the fundraising side I have raised over $700 so far not including the money I am going to get from my Stella and Dot party. The party is going to give me another $300++ dollars. My hs friend Hope is giving me all of her commission which is amazing. Once I get that I will be over $1000 which will 1/3 of my goal. I am so excited to have raised so much already. Thanks for checking my page out and stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be amazing! When I come into town at the end of the month, I'll bring my bike and we can go on a ride. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete